“Shadowban” If you’re an active TikToker, you’ve probably heard this term. Shadowban is when your account stops appearing in the TikTok’ public feed, search result when people searches you, and hashtag page while searching. In this article we will talk about this and how to avoid it.
What is TikTok’ Shadowban?
A TikTok shadowban is an unofficial ban from TikTok where other can hardly see you, but you are not aware of this. This is why it is different from an actual ban and uses the word “shadow” because we are not aware of it. It’s an automatic process done by TikTok’s to protect users from copyright issues, spam and inappropriate content. Your account will not appear in TikTok’s public feeds, search results, and hashtag pages.
How to avoid TikTok’ Shadowban
There are a few different reasons why you are shadowbanned on TikTok.
One possible reason is that you’ve been reported for violating TikTok’s Community Guidelines.
Another possible reason is that TikTok’s algorithm has determined that your content is not appropriate for the platform.
If you think you’ve been shadowbanned, the first thing you should do is check TikTok’s Community Guidelines to see if you’ve actually violated them.
If you haven’t, then it’s likely that TikTok’s algorithm is the cause of your shadowban.
There’s no sure way to avoid being shadowbanned on TikTok, but there are a few things you can do to decrease your chances of being shadowbanned:
- Post original content that is appropriate for the platform
- Engage with other users in a positive way
- Avoid using banned hashtags
- Don’t post spammy or misleading content
TikTok doesn’t send you a notification, or an email to let you know your account is in breach of their guidelines.
The only way you’ll know if your account is blocked is by doing this:
- Go to the For You page and search bar: If your content isn’t showing – you’re possibly shadowbanned.
- Try uploading some content: If it says “under review,” TikTok puts a shadowban on you.
- Check your analysis: If you notice a drastic drop in engagement, you may be a victim of the TikTok shadowban.
How to remove TikTok’ Shadowban
If you have been shadowbanned, there is no guaranteed way to remove the shadowban.
The only way to get out of this problem is to wait for it to be unbanned. No one knows for how long it lats.
Some say it’s two weeks, while others say it’s more than a month.
But there are a few things you can do:
- Firstly, delete your recent video. If it doesn’t work, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the TikTok app. Or try updating the app if it is available.
- Delete the content that got you in trouble.
- Review TikTok’s community guidelines and follow the rules.
- Take a break from posting anything for atleast few days.
At last, try contacting TikTok’s support team and tell them about your whole problem.
The TikTok customer care number is +1-833-229-0919.
The TikTok help centre site is https://support.tiktok.com/